Do you want to know who you are?DON'T ASK. ACT!Action will delineate and define you.– Thomas Jefferson
Tutors & Classroom Helpers
Support Colorado Youth for a Change by empowering youth (ages 14-18) through tutoring in core subjects and life skills. All long-term volunteers must be 18 years of age and are required to fill out an application that includes an interview process and background check. Please contact Sharla Williams email@example.com or 303-292-2779 if interested in any volunteer opportunities and/or for additional information.
Volunteer tutoring opportunities are available at the following sites: We ask that all volunteers commit to an entire semester of tutoring.
Abraham Lincoln High School
2285 S. Federal Blvd Denver, CO 80219
- Algegbra, Geometry, and English Literature tutors are needed.
- Thursdays from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m..
- Classroom Support is needed immediately in 9th grade Algebra Courses
- Must be able volunteer twice week for classroom support.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday: 9:52 a.m. to 11:36 a.m. Thursdays:9:12 a.m. - 10:50 a.m.
North High School
2960 Speer Blvd. Denver, CO 80211
- Math Center Support
- Mondays from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesdays and Fridays 1:45 p.m. to 4 p.m., and Thursdays 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- After School Tutoring
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday from 2:20 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
West High School
951 Elati St. Denver, 80204
- Support for Credit Recovery in Core Subjects (especially math)
- Monday - Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Centaurus High School
10300 South Boulder Road Lafayette, CO 80026
- Success Lab for Math & Science
- Wednesday and Thursday 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Global Leadership Academy
7480 Conifer Road Denver, CO 80221
- Afterschool Tutoring in Algebra, Geometry, and Transitions Math
- Tuesday and Thursday 3:05 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Mapleton Early College
8980 York Street Thornton, CO 80229
- Schedule pending.
Adams City High School
7200 Quebec Pkwy, Commerce City, CO 80022
- Classroom Support in Math, Science, and English
- Monday - Friday 10:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and/or 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.